As the saying goes, when the seasons change, it is a signal that our lives also transition and evolve.
We’re now well into Virgo season (23rd Aug to 22nd Sept); Virgo represents the desire for order, discipline, attention to detail and the health of the physical body.
As an Earth sign, it’s about making practical, tangible changes to your daily life.
This is why September is the PERFECT time to introduce healthy habits that will help you feel your best.
In this blog, I’ll share my top 7 tips to help you connect with the energy of Virgo season and get back to basics with your health and well-being.
- Nourish your body: Virgo season is an excellent time to re-evaluate your diet. Pay attention to what and when you’re eating, focusing on whole, nutrient-dense foods. Consider meal prepping to ensure you have healthy options readily available, and aim for a balanced diet rich in fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and whole grains. Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water and immune boosting herbal teas such as liquorice and peppermint.
- Regular Movement: The Virgo archetype is all about dedication and discipline, so channel those vibes into your fitness routine. Set specific, achievable fitness goals for yourself during this season. Can you manage 10 mins of morning yoga, take a brisk evening walk or work with a PT for motivation.
- Mindful Self-Care: Virgo’s attention to detail can sometimes lead to overthinking and repetitive thoughts. Combat this by incorporating mindfulness into your daily routine. Try meditation, deep breathing exercises, or journaling to remain calm and centred. Prioritise self-care activities that help you relax and recharge.
- Organization and Decluttering: Virgo’s love for order can be channeled into decluttering your living space. A tidy environment can have a significant impact on your mental well-being. By taking the time to clear out clutter and organise your home, you’ll create a more peaceful living space which reduces stress and promotes a sense of calm.
- Sleep Hygiene: A good night’s sleep is essential for overall health and well-being. September is the perfect time to establish a consistent sleep schedule. Create a relaxing bedtime routine – turn off the screen and try some restorative yoga, diffuse a soothing essential oil such as roman chamomile, listen to a guided relaxation. Aim to sleep and wake at the same time each day.
- Personal Growth: Virgo season encourages personal growth and self-improvement. It’s a great time to start a new hobby or course or dive deeper into something that fascinates you. Invest in activities that foster growth and strengthen your mindset.
- Connect with Nature: As Virgo is an earth sign, it’s an aligned time to enjoy the great outdoors. It’s the perfect time to forage, with hedgerows bursting with immune-boosting fruit and berries such as elderberry and seabuckthorn. Or simply take a walk in the park. Nature can provide a sense of tranquility and help you recharge.
So as you can see, Virgo season in September really is the perfect time to get back to basics and prioritise your health and well-being.
Embrace the Virgo qualities of organization, attention to detail, and discipline to establish healthy habits now that will keep you well into winter.
Focus on micro changes such as swapping your afternoon biscuit binge for a sliced apple with nut butter, or taking the stairs instead of the escalator, and you’ll soon feel the benefits.
If you feel you need a little support to help you get back on track, drop me a message, let’s chat and work together on getting you to feel your absolute best!